Thursday, April 04, 2002

Sometimes I think I am developing arthritis.

This morning I woke up and wanted to cry. I could hardly roll over (Tim has had to either pull me up or push me out of bed the last week), my hands felt like they were on fire, my bladder was beyond full, and my low back was starting to kill me. And yet I have this insane idea that I want another one in a few years. I wanted to cry because I feel so pathetic. I mean, I can't even get up in the morning without help. It doesn't help that I seem to have a contraction first thing in the morning on top of a full bladder. That's part of the problem. I can't move because my abdominal muscles are otherwise occupied.

At this rate (the contractions aren't coming any more frequently or strongly) I think I will make the whole 40 weeks. *grumble* Being on the damn Pill made me so regular that I could be one of the few women who fit the perfect 28-day cycle that due date calculation is based on.

Back to the arthritis. The swelling (which I never experienced with Josh!) makes it very painful in the morning. Now I know what my grandmother was talking about. Sometimes the pain lasts all day, usually till after my shower and breakfast. I can barely move my hands and they are starting to look like miniature sausages to me.

Oh well, better now since I can obviously type, and it's time to make dinner, get Josh's assignments done and maybe even get some of my own homework done ... and laundry needs to be done. I need a wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home