Friday, January 03, 2003

I think Joy said "Mama" this afternoon (ok, yesterday afternoon now by the clock). I called Tim when it happened. Joy was crying and crawling towards me. She grabbed my pant leg, said "Mama" through her tears and starting pulling on the leg. I picked her up ... it was nap/feeding time. She can eat and snooze at the same time. This is not always conducive to actually getting anything done around here.


Anyways, Joy does babble a lot .. and the last few days it's sounding more and more like words. Very exciting ... and very ... disappointing. I want my baby to stay a baby *whine*pout*cry*. I'm not ready for her to grow this fast!

And to top it all off, she's bona-fide cruising like it's second nature. Her big feat today ... going from me to the video case. It's almost two steps and she had to let go of me for a split second before grabbing the case. She's going to be walking way too soon for my likes. OH! before I forget, she's also mastering climbing.

I had one of the cushions off the couch and she managed to climb up on the couch and then onto the middle cushion. I have one of those babies who has figured out climbing before walking ... though I guess this shouldn't surprise me since she has *always* loved to scoot up me and Tim and anyone else who will hold her long enough .... and Lord knows she's been climbing up me for months now. i guess I just never translated that into actual *climbing* ,... on things.

Well, I best get to bed. I'm starting to be incoherent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home