Thursday, January 26, 2006

Darth Vader

The other night my wife wasn't feeling well, so I was trying to negotiate with our daughter over bedtime, because she really wanted mommy to read her stories. So I told her "How about I brush your hair, then read you three stories, and then put you in mommy and daddy's bed with mommy?"

She gave me a thumbs up and said "That's my daddy!"

So then I replied with "Yep. Just call me Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Negotiator."

Which I then followed up with (in my best Darth Vader voice....James Earl Jones I am not):

"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father, did he?"

(Whiny Luke voice) "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"

"No, Joy. I am your father."

My daughter's response?

"Don't copy Darth Vader!" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home